Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Downtown Action

I was walking toward my gym downtown today, when I saw a formidable police cordon spanning at least two blocks surrounding the Denver Post building. Police yelled - rather viciously - at any bikers or pedestrians that got near the building (they put up yellow police tape around the building shortly after I took the picture to the left). I asked a police officer on the next block what was going on, but he refused to answer, saying only "Trust me, you don't want to be near that building."

What a mystery! After I returned to the office, I found an article in the Denver Post that likely explained this crazy scene. Apparently there was a bank robbery and suspected backpack bomb just blocks away from my office.

2 comments:

Julia said...

wow. you and i should really spend more time talking! i had no idea you had this adventure!

Drake said...

Oh yeah! I think this happened when you were in Kansas, and I forgot all about it since. We really need to update this blog :)