Monday, May 28, 2007

Always persevere.

Drake and I took our first Colorado hike together this Sunday. It was a four-hour, five-mile hike with about a 2000 ft gain in elevation. The couple hours up the mountain definitely pushed my strength and endurance to the limits. The sun was hot and my heart rate maintained a brisk pace that left me periodically resting for breath. But the feeling of reaching the top and the slight burn in my bum today made it all worth while. What I learned from this hike is that I definitely prefer a trail that goes up and down throughout. This trail went up, up, up to the top and then down, down, down to the bottom leaving my knees begging for Advil.

We also made our first bid on a house this weekend. After viewing about 20 houses over the last month we thought we finally found the one. A mini bidding war ended with us offering 10k over the asking price and then finally losing to the younger couple who's parents were backing them. Yes, it left a bitter taste but there's another house out there waiting for us to make our home. We must keep moving forward.

No comments: