Sunday, August 3, 2008

veep veep

I have to say that I've been really at a loss on who should be Barack's VP running mate. Drake likes the idea of Kathleen Sebelius, Democratic governor of the very red Kansas, as she's been extremely successful in unifying the parties. Though, I'm more keen on a mate who has a stronger public presence. So much so that I was even entertaining the idea of Al Gore a couple weeks ago. C'mon, even republicans like Al. But after reading an editorial in today's Denver post, I think I've solidified my choice - Bill Richardson.

McCain and Obama will fight for the Independent votes in Colorado, New Mexico and Nevada. With Richardson, Obama can strengthen his victory in the West. When running for president, Richardson's platform was based on experience; real, well-respected experience. His strong record in foreign relations, energy, balancing budgets, economic vitality, and overall forward-looking progress is an ideal match for Obama.

So there I go. With only a few weeks left until the convention, I'm putting my support behind Richardson. Now I just hope his beard doesn't elicit the same silly reaction as Gore's did in 2001. Although, readers of the daily kos seem to like his beard as do I.

3 comments:

Meridith said...

I've had Bill Richardson on the brain for a while now. Hes a good guy....on the top of my list. XOXO to you two!

Drake said...

Thanks merideth! I think we're going to find out for sure tomorrow who the VP will be. Exciting times :).

Julia said...

Biden works for me!