Monday, March 5, 2007

Photos are up

So I've finally uploaded new photos to my gallery- loveofapril.com.

The first set are mostly pictures of us moving. My goal was to get a photo of the 'welcome' sign of each state, but nightfall eliminated that option. The morning we woke up in Missouri are the the photos of snow covering our vehicles. I bought my first ice scraper and was thrilled at the thought of doing something new. I have since lost the joy of de-icing my car. :)

Drake spent those four days driving our lives, packed tetris-style thanks to my dad, in our little Penske truck. As you can see, we didn't even have room for our bikes so we strapped them to Drake's car which was pulled by the truck. I hope Drake will add on about how, on our first hotel stop, I misdirected him into the parking lot and didn't realize that the lot didn't loop around. In fact, I totally ignored the "Trailers STOP, do not enter" sign. And maneuvering a truck pulling a trailer is a skill that neither of us have.

One of my favorite adventures so far has been taking theNew Belgium Brewery tour in Fort Collins. The tour gave us a lot of insight to both the company and the brewing process. New Belgium is a VERY green company and is about 85% wind power and the remaining 15% power comes from methane that is produced from its waste. In fact, it was noted that they have an ongoing battle with Sierra Nevada on who can be the most environmentally friendly business. Now, that’s the kind of battle I like to see! At the year mark, each employee is given a ‘Fat Tire’ bicycle and on their five year mark they travel with the husband and wife owners to Belgium to see how it all began. The birth of the brewery is a cute story in which the company slogan, “Follow Your Folly” is conceived. If you’re ever in the area, the tour is definitely worth doing. And Fort Collins itself is gem of a town, with adorable shops and sculptures strung along its downtown plaza.

1 comment:

tcwill said...

Hey guys- thought you might get a kick out of this:

http://rap-cat.com