Friday, March 23, 2007

TGIF mate!

Huzzah, the weekend has finally arrived. We've had a long week - most of mine was spent in product training, which isn't exactly a blockbuster fun-stravaganza. Also my shoulder has been bugging me ever since I hurt it in a snowboarding mishap a couple weeks ago; I went to a doctor today and he diagnosed it as a torn rotator cuff. Yikes, there goes my pitching career!

I'll have to make an appointment with an orthopedic center for an MRI to determine if there is ligament damage (and therefore if surgery is necessary). Rats. I wish I had a cool story to go along with my injury, but unfortunately I just fell down while slowly crusing toward the kiddie line at the bottom of a green trail. Julia and I aren't exactly extreme daredevils, you know.

We are looking forward to a relaxing and fun weekend. We already made a few cools friends in Denver, including a couple more last week at the Kruder show (Kruder played a very rocking set, incidentally). Tonight we're going to a place known as "the hole" or the "old hole" or some such-named dive, with our friends Karen and Greg (who just got married - congratulations!) and then seeing 300. As much as things can be frustrating and difficult, starting out in a new city, we'll never take for granted the great new friends who have helped keep us sane over the last couple months!

P.S. Go Gators!

No comments: